Home is home

10:28 PM

i'm supposed to be writing scripts for Tuesday's recording, but i find myself too distracted with the internet to even begin doing the first lines of the scripts.


i guess it has to do with being disconnected with internet for so long. it's been weeks since i was able to connect to the internet again. i was so busy at work lately that i didn't have the time to do any blogging. i thought that maybe today is the best time to put up one. after all, i'm already distracted enough.

just a few weeks ago i vowed to myself to refrain from putting up any shallow entries here. but i think i'm just doing the opposite. just like now.

my world is still as crazy as it was from where i left off. probably some things have considerably quieted down but not everything. next month we'll be moving to a new office space that will be farther away from my house. that means i'll have to face the inevitable. i have to rent.

thankfully, one of my officemates is willing to share an apartment with me. we'll try to look for a good place that is just a walking distance away from our office. i haven't seen the office yet, and we'll take a look on Tuesday.

everyone is excited to move. but me? well, only slightly. while having a new place will be beneficial for our department and to the whole company, the thought of renting is just too much of a hassle for me (while travelling a total of 4 hours everyday isnt?). i haven't really lived far away from home so this is a really foreign thing for me. not that i'm afraid of being separated from my mother or anything. not at all. but home is home for me. it's where i wanted to be after a long day at work. the atmosphere is very different from the crowded, polluted city of Metro Manila. while we do have some problems with our neighbors, air here is very cool and considerably clean (compared to the smog in the metro). there's a TV too (with cable) and i can easily talk about my issues without fear that i may be misunderstood or ratted out. and my room is really spacey. i love space. i don't like the feeling of being confined into a small room. i'm mildly claustrophobic, i think, but i don't get panic attacks. it just makes me annoyed to no end. i also like that i could hog the bathroom during the morning, not concerned about someone waiting to use it. and i don't have to cook my food.

but anyway, this is life. changes are bound to happen, even renting apartments for the sake of work. i hope we'll be able to find a good place where it's safe and quiet, and i hope my future housemates would be people i get along with. or else, i'd rather travel all the way home everyday.

You Might Also Like

0 comments