No Surprise

10:21 AM


it has been 5 years since Chris Daughtry had a whirlwind of adventures in Hollywood. He passed the American Idol auditions, breezed through to the top 10, became an instant favorite, and, in an unexpected turn of events, was voted out of the famous singing competition. Everyone was shocked, even himself.

But that early boot out proved to be one of the best things that happened in his life, and in his career. Famous bands everywhere wanted to have a piece of that raw, country rocker. Unfortunately for them, Daughtry turned down every offer. But fortunately for him, he set up his own band named Daughtry, which is becoming one of the rising, top selling rock bands in the music industry. Daughtry became a household name, and he also became one of the top selling artists that was born through American Idol. He even supassed his co-season winner, Taylor Hicks, and the runner up Katherine Mcphee.


Two weekends ago, I happened to watch the rerun of last, last year's American Idol season. It was the Glam Season, where Adam Lambert was discovered and literally rocked the show and the nation with his glam-rock performances and hard core vocals. But, with American Idol being the 'reality show' that it is, he didn't win. Instead, Chris Allen did. The blackhorse and the humble, 'gentlemanly' kid from somewhere in America (I forgot where he came from).

Adam Lambert on his performance of Mad World, my personal favorite.


Anyway, back to Chris Daughtry (before this whole entry takes a complete turn to an 'Adam Gush Corner'), he debuted his then-current single at the American Idol results show of Rock Night. He performed No Suprise, which I only heard for the first time 2 Saturdays ago, and I instantly fell in love with it. Few years ago, I somehow dropped Daughtry in my 'music radar', but after hearing him again sing and sing his own song at that, I can't believe I got tired listening to this guy. Hearing once again the rawness of his voice, it was pure modern classic.

He sang No Surprise, but somehow he still surprises me.
Once again, he's back on my playlist. Yay!


No Surprise official music video

You Might Also Like

0 comments