Working Vacation

12:40 AM

I can't believe I'll be saying this, but I can't wait to get back to the office. The past two weeks was anything but a vacation.

Nobody could really blame any one for the disaster that happened a few days before Christmas. It's not like any one could have stopped mother nature from unleashing her fury for the sake of holidays. In fact, flood victims were most definitely not expecting a Christmas stained with tragedy and trauma.

But it did happen.

Ever since the news broke out that people in Mindanao need help, our cellphones were buzzing with calls and text messages 24/7. Almost everyone was having a working vacation.

It didn't sit well for me, to be honest. I have been really looking forward to this 2-week vacation because we were living our lives in constant pressure for the past 4 months. I won't deny that I'm close to being burned out and I desperately need to refuel. The idea of informally working during these couple of weeks was simply draining.

We need a break. I need a break where I can forget about work for a while, clear my head, and stretch my muscles.

But apparently, this simple wish was not possible. Not when thousands of people in Mindanao needs help.

So now, I find myself itching to go back to work. Not that I'm exactly thrilled or anything. I still need my needed rest. But as long as this relief operation is ongoing, I know I wouldn't be able to have that. And I feel that if I'm back in the office, I would be able to work more efficiently because I'll have everything I need there: the fast internet connection, postpaid cellphone lines, unlimited ink printer, computers, and people.

What a great blog entry to start off my 2012.

You Might Also Like

0 comments