NZ Stories: Part 2

3:03 PM

The reason why I came and lived in NZ. I experienced how it was like to study in a top 100 university. It was definitely challenging but I feel I came out of it better, stronger, and wiser!
2013 and 2014 cohort. Mabuhay, Filipino scholars!
First year flatmates.
Celebrated my first quarter life in Auckland. One of my best birthdays ever. And one of the best surprises I've had too, teehee
When I gave Ginny my moral support for her bungee jump, Taylor Swift's dance crew and make-up artist happened to be there as well. So of course we had to have our picture taken with them. I may not like TS but I definitely liked her crew!
The first time Praveen (all of us, really) were pulled over by a cop for speeding. We were on our way home and it happened while we were only just a few meters from my flat. Bummer.
Year-end costume party at Kelsy's place (who is ironically not in the photo). I came as Katniss Everdeen (without a bow and arrow) because I was very stingy with my money.
I spent my last few weeks in New Zealand with these two and their epic load of craziness. Missing them so much!
My first time at windy Welly!
Of course we're not going to let the chance of seeing real snow pass us by. My thesis supervisor (who's German) was so happy for me.
Oh yes I did it!

And this! This actually came first. I'm seriously in love with parachutes right now.
My grad school classmates. We're, like, the epitome of united nations: New Zealand, USA, Canada, Tonga, Philippines, Cambodia, Indonesia, Vietnam, China.
We watched the musical play Wicked.

And Mamma Mia. 
And of course the Sound of Music!
One of my biggest achievements in NZ (aside from getting my degree) was participating in a photo exhibit - twice! It was my first time to be part of a photo exhibit as a hobbyist.

You Might Also Like

0 comments