One Summer

7:51 PM


I have a certain dislike for drama and romance novels. Oftentimes it is melancholic, tragic, depressing or just plain boring. But thanks to a mistaken assumption (it's a David Baldacci book for crying out loud!), I ended up reading One Summer. I thought it was a thriller so I read further on, waiting for the part where the killer would spring out, or for the conspiracy angle to be thrown in. Apparently, this was a romance and drama. So it came as a real shocker to me when I realised that I've reached 50% of the book. I even became teary-eyed at some points. I was gripped by the story that I ended up finishing it in one day. That's a record in the drama-romance department for me. It often takes me months, and most of the time I don't finish it. So yay to me! And boo for I wasn't able to have any thesis work done for today (or for the past few days, to be precise. 😅). 

That's three books for the first week of midsemester break. Not too bad. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments