Insensitivity+Sugaring=Annoying

8:04 PM

Sometimes, guys can be extremely insensitive - especially when they are courting someone.

Gal friend is in town and we have bunch of activities planned for the next couple of weeks. In fact, we were planning on having an ice cream night out today and have a long delayed girl talk. Unfortunately, insensitive lovestruck guy had to ruin the plans. I was only gone for a few minutes to take a phone call and when I come back, gal friend is already leaving to have a date with him.

Insensitive jerk I want to pull his hair off.

But since I have no power over lovestruck individuals (actually I do but I'm too nice to play my cards on them), I  just shrugged it off and let them go. Well okay, not exactly shrugged off as in the I-don't-care-do-what-you-want kind of way. I just didn't let them go that easily.

Here's the point. I understand that they're in the stage of gauging a love and long-distance relationship and I'm sure they missed each other's presence. But that doesn't mean that lovestruck guy can have gal friend all to himself for the whole two weeks. She has friends too and we all miss her. They said they don't want to alienate other people with their "budding" relationship but what's so non-alienating about this?

It's a little annoying. I was invited me to come (probably was forced to, I'm sure) but sometimes you just have to learn to accept the facts and say no. At least I don't have to witness the gooey-doe-eyed creepiness lovestruck people do. And I know I'm sounding extremely unromantic but you should also know when to stay out of other people's date life (and I mean physically) even when you're friends with them, because sometimes seeing them suddenly sugaring is creepy. It's like a friend asking you if your older brother is hot. Ew.

I'm annoyed but I'm not mad. I just hope lovestruck guy realizes this because I know gal friend does, but she just can't say no. Probably promised him she would join him everyday. But I hope she told me sooner that they would be out everyday of the week or when guy makes spontaneous arrangements which is happening almost every night so that I wouldn't expect her company.

So I guess my social life for the next two weeks wouldn't be so alive after all. At least I get to save money.

>:-)

You Might Also Like

0 comments