Steady, you shaky hands

4:13 PM

OKaaaaaay.

I've been using this camera for almost 5 months now and the terrible shots are still more than the good ones. Whenever I review my photos on the computer, I'm almost always disappointed. I mean, people with point-and-shoot cameras take better pictures than I do, so it's a little frustrating. But that needs to change. I need to learn from my mistakes and improve.

I discovered that I have really shaky hands - not because I do manual labor on my better days or that taking pictures using a DSLR makes me nervous - I just think my hands are naturally unsteady. So I looked over websites to find techniques on how to reduce camera shake - or in this case, refrain my shaking hands from destroying my photos.

I found this article by Natalie Horton. She's a photographer from Hawaii and she gave 6 techiques on how to reduce camera shakes:

1. Elbows in
2. Raise your left shoulder
3. Create a tripod with your knee
4. Lay down
5. The Machine Gun hold
6. Cradle it

I actually tried out the first tip and it worked. But I still have to experiment with the other 5. Perfect timing because I'm off to Aurora tonight. I'll apply these techniques in the days ahead to see which one would work best for me.  Keeping these in mind, I hope that once I return I wouldn't be too disappointed with my shots anymore.

Shower me with blessings!

Bon Voyage!

You Might Also Like

0 comments