Positivity Corner

12:22 AM

What do I love about my job?

This job is actually a dream come true. Ever since I was in highschool, I wanted to be a writer. But I was a bit doubtful because I rarely win in writing contests and I have a lousy command of the English language.

But college came and I did a lot of writing exercises that helped improve my writing skills. And there, I discovered other things I enjoyed doing like layouting newsletters, designing communication materials, conceptualizing videos and producing radio programs.

So I prayed and asked God for a job where I could freely do everything I love.

And He granted my prayer.

Right now, I'm writing feature stories, conceptualizing and producing radio programs, travelling, taking pictures (photography), and even doing some admin work. I get excited whenever my works are published on print because I know I put a lot of thought and effort into it.

In this job, I'm growing as a writer. Before, I only write to inform. But now, I'm learning to write to inspire. I discovered that each person, no matter the background or the situation s/he is going through, is a source of inspiration. We just have to find it and polish it so that its brilliance would be seen by other people. Even in the medical scripts I'm writing, there is still a portion of inspiration at the end where I insert verses from the Bible to encourage listeners.

At the moment, things are not easy. But nobody said that the road to great writing is easy. There are many downs and few (but memorable) ups but it's the journey that matters. It builds up. It polishes you as a writer. It defines the kind of writer you'll be. It fixes attitude. It puts the heart in the right perspective.

That's the reason why I see to it that I surround myself with positive people - people who would be good sources of encouragement and would put my feet on the right track. It's also great to have mentors along the way. They give great insights. And for me, whenever they pass on knowledge and wisdom (for free), there's always a sense of honor brimming in my heart. I mean, who am I to be passed on with these great wisdom? I feel like I'm just a stranger who happened to pass by yet I was rewarded with something valuable I don't deserve.

This makes my current job more than just an answered prayer - it is more than what I asked for. And since I'm still just a neophyte writer living in the big city of vast opportunities and competition, this is exactly what I need - a place that would water me, take care of me, and allow my roots to stretch out.

And more than just the skills, my spiritual life is being looked after too. I am taught how to be excellent in my work and I am given the opportunity to share the Gsopel to people. Even my love for singing is sometimes being used positively.

These are just some of the things I love about my job. I am sure more would be added in the days to come.

But I also know that I would not be in this place forever. I would eventually outgrow it and would need to go somewhere else. But as of now, the best thing I can do is to cherish every moment I spend here. Take notes, learn, and enjoy.

You Might Also Like

0 comments