Overwhelmed with so many "firsts"

6:46 PM

I just came back from my 2-week trip in Antique and Aklan. Right now, I can say I'm experiencing slight symptoms of separation anxiety. I kinda got attached to the people i've been with.

Who would have thought that I would gain too much (not weight) in just two weeks? It was like I gained a whole lifetime and the feeling is ridiculously overwhelming.

To start with, this is what God welcomed us with on our arrival (by roadtrip from Aklan) at Antique:


A rainbow!

Prior to my being a part of this mission, I was overwhelmed with so many "firsts". It was my first time to:
  1. be a part of the Wheelchair Distribution Team
  2. go to Visayas as a staff of Operation Blessing
  3. go to Antique and Aklan
  4. use a (brand new) DSLR during field work
  5. be on the field for 2 weeks
  6. spend my 2nd anniversary on field as an OB staff
  7. work with the people I've been with (except Elvie because we're the only staff who were there)
And more than that, I was able to bond with these excellent, competent, and uberly crazy people who made my two weeks full of color and life.



Since Zek isn't in the picture above, he gets a special photo here. With me, of course, since I'm also part of the team. 
My experiences with them were just freakinly awesome. On Tuesday, we plan to watch Kung Fu Panda 2 in Shangri La just because we miss each other too much.

You Might Also Like

0 comments