Hodgepodge of emotios

8:59 PM

While last week has been my most stressful week to date, this week has been the happiest, saddest, coolest, and most aggravating week I've ever had - and it hasn't even ended yet.

Happiest because I was chosen as the Employee of the Month for April. It was totally unexpected. I never dreamed I would ever achieve that. But it happened and I'm greatly thankful to the Lord. It was really a  surprise. An unexpected favor from God. Though I know in my heart that there are still many things I need to improve on, I am glad that I felt God's loving assurance that He is pleased with my work. All glory to Him alone!

Coolest because for the first time in weeks, Angel and I went out for some fun. I brought her to the OMF bookstore to show her the biggest OMF store (so far) in the country. We bought some things (a book and a Bible cover for me, while a set of memory card verses for her) then we went to Shangri La for dinner. We ate in the foodcourt because Angel wanted to try out some food joints that could not be found in Davao. So fast food chains like McDo and KFC were quickly disqualified from our list. There's no dull moment when you're with Angel. Her stories are really one of a kind - funny and there's-no-way-you-could-have-done-it kind of way. Well, the idea of the whole thing, really, was just to hang out, bond and have fun instead of being stuck the whole night in our microwave dorm.

Next, aggravating because I had a rough time with 2 co-workers. I think I got into their nerves which I never intended to do. So now they got on my nerves. But I don't want to talk about it because it's not worth a blog entry. I just surrendered it to God and begged Him to help me get over my feeling of discouragement and negativity and just move on without sinning.

And finally, saddest because one of my closest co-worker, VJ, is resigning. She has become more than a co-worker the past two years and she has been a close friend, constant companion, mischief-partner, and confidante. CCRD will never be the same again without her. She is truly someone irreplaceable. But I am happy for her because she can now stretch out her wings freely and start working on the new things God wants her to do. She has new job assignments from the Lord now. I am really excited to see her bloom into the woman God wants her to be. I will truly miss our crazy antics and the simple sharing moments we had. But most of all, I will miss her everyday presence. I am truly grateful to God for the friendship we had and for sending her into my life - and into my first ever workplace at that! She is one of the few people who showed genuine sisterly care, not because she's obliged to, but because she simply wanted to. I felt God's unconditional love through her.


But, we still have at least two weeks to be together. So it's time to get rid of all the loneliness and just enjoy the moments we will have with her. It's not like the friendship is ending, right?

Thank you, Lord, for this precious gift of friendship that You have blessed me with. 

 

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Awwww... I will miss you, everyday!
    Proverbs 17:17 "A friend loves at all times..."
    I am forever grateful for having you, Gek. God knows that. You're one of the finest. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep in touch! And let's hang out every week! ;) I'm excited for you :)

    ReplyDelete