Well done

6:39 PM

Though it's a little hard to admit, I'll say it now: I'm one of those people who are afraid of flirting with the unkown.

Surely you've heard of the saying "leave your comfort zone". Usually, it has the word "faith" attached to it somewhere. Saying it is easy. Mulling over it is easy. But doing it is a whole different matter. It's the time when fears, doubts, and hesitations come it. So much for faith, lol.

For me, it's the fear of failing that's keeping me in my comfort zone. The thinking that life is too precious to be wasted on mistakes has grown into me as I was growing up. Though I had my fair share of downs, I was determined to live my life without any regrets.

But it says in Eccleciastes 7:8, finishing is better than starting. How will I be able to finish anything if I'm afraid of starting something as simple as letting go? Patience is better than pride, Ecclesiastes 7:8 continues. My fear of failure is probably caused by an inflated pride and ego that I should start deflating. People fail, even successful ones do. Yet it's how you finish that matters, because you could either finish with regrets of slipped opportunities or finish with a sense of fulfillment for excellently fulfilling your purpose and mission. And when you finally stand in front of that great, white throne, you would hear the wonderful phrase:

"Well done, my good and faithful servant."

You Might Also Like

0 comments