Eid ul-Fitr

11:09 PM

Last week, after enjoying the pleasures of the very fulfilling long weekend, I had the opportunity to celebrate the end of Ramadan with muslim friends. Since Eid ul-Fitr is the equivalent of Christmas for muslims, we at OB gave a treat to muslim children in Payatas' Muslim Community. With ages ranging from 2-17, more than one hundred muslim children received toys (Toy Story), loot bags, and hygiene kits.

But, it didn't end there (of course there always has to be a catch!). The most important highlight of that event was the bead story. We gave out "friendship bracelets" which has colored beads attached to it and each child received one. Each color represented something. The gold bead represented the heaven, the red bead represented Jesus' blood, the white bead represented a clean heart, the green bead represented growth, and the black bead represented sin.



Yes, in the midst of a muslim community in broad daylight during their most anticipated time of the year, unfalteringly we shared the truth about Jesus' intense love and care for them. The kids' curious looks and eager faces when the "bead story" was being told was priceless. It was even better than the looks they had when they received their treats.

When asked what he learned, a 9-year-old muslim child answered, "I learned the different meanings of the colors in the bracelet given to us and I learned about the love of Jesus. I am happy because Jesus loves me so much."

Just imagine how many millions of angels rejoiced and sung praises in the heavens when these innocent yet insightful words came out from the lips of this 9-year-old Muslim child. If that doesn't enliven your hope for an overwhelming record number of our Muslim friends to turn to Jesus and love Him with all their heart, soul, and strength, I don't know what will. Such a beautiful sight that will be.

If you are a teacherplanting seeds in the hearts of the next generation, believe that these these seeds will sprout and bear fruit like that of a tree planted firmly in a stream of water. It will not run dry or die.

I just read Joel Rosenberg's blog and I read about Reza Kahlili, an ex-CIA spy who spied on the Revolutionary Guards of Iran. Now a former muslim, this man shares how he renounced the teachings of Mohammed and turned to the teachings of Jesus Christ.
Here's an excerpt of his blog:

A childhood friend talked me into joining the Revolutionary Guards because of the knowledge and expertise in computers I had learned in the United States. But only months later I was shocked to witness the most heinous crimes taking place under the banner of Islam...
So I renounced Islam and began the quest to find the real God, the one who had blessed me so often in very dangerous times as a CIA spy. In that journey through a few Christian friends, I came to learn about Jesus. I found myself deeply moved by the teachings of Jesus of Nazareth. His words spread through my soul as seeds sprout and grow, opening my eyes and my heart to the real love of our Lord. It was then that I knew beyond doubt that the Bible was the true Word of God. That Jesus was the One I had always been looking for. 
Click here to read more of his story.

May this testimony encourage you to keep praying for the muslims, and may this testimony enliven your hearts to believe that there is still the hope of salvation and eternal life for our muslim friends all over the world. Next time, it wouldn't be Eid ul-Fitr. Instead, it will be a banquet night with loud chorus of praise. "Hossana! Hossana to God in the highest!".

You Might Also Like

0 comments