I Hear Everything!

3:04 PM

I'm sorry. I know that I'm at work and I shouldn't be slacking off but I need a de-stressor. People are bustling in and out of the office right now, and everyone is either shouting or talking too loud.


Just this week, my workstation was moved from a slightly hidden, cramped area to a more spacious, well-ventilated one. But unfortunately for me, it is located right in front of the entrance (now I know what it feels like to be a security guard). So now I know who goes in and out - and everyone who passes by knows who I am (at least they know that someone with this description exists in this office).

To make things even better, the round table and the receiving area, which are used to entertain guests, are located in front of my table. And lately, this multi-purpose table is also being used for department meetings, guest meetings, and such while the usual conference room remains unavailable. Anyway, the whole point of this entry is that I can't concentrate and i have tons of pending jobs to accomplish this week!

Ugh.

And it's 3 o' clock PM already. I feel like I haven't accomplished anything yet and I'm slacking off big time even if I don't really mean to. I'm doing some writing today but I can't seem to put my mind into it. I need some peace and quietness but in this current area where I am, it's hopeless. I already moved to a different table but it's no better.

But there's still the best part. The best part of this (I'm being sarcastic) is that I hear everything. I hear what's being talked about in meetings, I hear phones ringing like crazy, I hear what people talking on the phone says, and I hear what the people on the other end of the phone says. And sometimes I just want to go Graahhh! I don't want to hear anything! I don't want to think! Get out of my head!!!

I guess a mind-reading super power would be an extremely annoying thing to have. It would be too noisy and you wouldn't have any relaxing silence time.

Sigh. Right now, I just want to hide under a shell like a turtle or hide inside a cocoon until my concentration's back.

Again, I'm sorry that I'm writing this entry during office hours but if I don't, I might lose my mind!!!

You Might Also Like

0 comments