How I Celebrated New Year

4:53 AM

Burst of thoughts at 12:24 am


Well, this is a first. Two minutes after midnight, the electricity went off in our ENTIRE VILLAGE. Thankfully, the fireworks made up for the lack of light (but I have a big hunch these fireworks caused this blackout).

So we're pretty much stuck here, sitting in the den, talking, sipping brandy, listening to the ruckus of fireworks outside. I should be bummed out about this but i'm not. This is actually the first time I welcome new year like this. Maybe this is calls for the beginning of a different year. Positively different, I hope.

Oh, our family decided that this is a good time to pray. What better way to welcome the new year than giving thanks to God?

Ramblings at 1:02am

Honestly, I am not a big fan of noise, especially during new year. I like the noise on the eleventh hour (meaning 12mn) but going beyond that is I think too much. That's because by 1am, we go to bed. And I'm a really light sleeper. That's why I love Christmas (besides the fact that it's a celebration of Jesus' birthday). It's laid back, solemn, and quiet.

All these because there are only 3 of us spending the holidays together. If it were any different, the noise is very much welcome. As they say:

The more the merrier!


Early to bed early to rise 1:20am

I knew it! This blackout is a blessing in disguise! The blasting videoke speakers of our neighbors are now mum. Well, there is no electricity so it's not gonna work.

Yes! Hello to sound sleep tonight! Thank you Lord.

You Might Also Like

0 comments