I'm Back! (with NZ Stories - Part 1: The View)

7:38 PM


Oh my goodness! It's August 2016! 

Where the heck have I been?!

It's feels so good to be back. I tried making a new blog, actually - that's where I've been all this time - but it just didn't work out. Good thing I checked in here because guess what? It felt like returning home! So I have decided: I AM NOT MOVING. I'm going to stick with you since you grew on me and I missed you a lot (awww).

So what has been going on? For starters, I'm officially back in the Philippines. After two blissfully wonderful years in New Zealand, I sadly had to leave it behind. But I brought with me stories and memories of my amazing time there, including thousands of pictures to remind me of the good old days. New Zealand has become like second home and it will always have a special place in my heart. And that includes the people I've met along the way and have become good friends with.


Giulia_MirrorLake
Mirror-like Lake Pukaki. It's just one of NZ's many pristine lakes.
GEK_6560
Beautiful sunrise at Paihia.
Good Shepherd Church
The quaint and rustic Good Shepherd Church along the banks of Lake Tekapo (not related to the Good Shepherd in Baguio City)
GEK_9557
Three of the Emerald Lakes at Mt. Tongariro. It's actually a crater and it glints like an emerald. It's the closest thing to an emerald I have seen. 
Rainbow Falls at Kerikeri. If it drizzled and the sun came out, we would see a rainbow hovering the waterfalls.
The sparrows in NZ make those in Philippines look starved, abused and malnourished. They are fearless and fat.
GEK_8204 copy
I did wine tasting. I didn't want to waste the money I paid for so I made sure I drank every last drop of it (12 glasses in total). It was the first time I felt what tipsy meant.
I dragged my jaw all the way to the train tracks when I saw Dunedin's train station. It's like a castle!
If you've watched Prince Caspian of the Narnia series, this place would look familiar to you. 
GEK_6190
We went to the northernmost tip of New Zealand where you'll find Cape Reinga. This is a sacred place for the Maoris because they believe this is where the spirits of their dead go. 
I also went to the southernmost tip where the Nugget Point can be found. Sea lions and penguins play and lounge by the beach. They're pretty noisy too.

The majestically mysterious Milford Sound.
GEK_0756
The iconic Auckland City Tower taken during New Years Eve.
Traffic jam. They are so cute!
GEK_9205
And of course, the skyline of Auckland City where I lived for 2 years.

You Might Also Like

0 comments