Research Work

8:41 AM

My mind is swirling with information.

I just came from a meeting with my research supervisor. Unlike the first one we had 2 weeks ago, she had lots of inputs this time around. On our first meeting, she didn't really say much. And it was a very quick meeting too. I think we were both still reeling from the sudden change of events. For the last three months up until the last week of February, we weren't supposed to be working together because I was assigned to a different supervisor. But due to some department restructuring that I didn't bother to ask or understand, I was reassigned to another.

I admit that was a bit of a bummer. I already have good rapport with my supposed supervisor. She was my professor on three papers last year and she helped me develop my research proposal. Plus, she is an expert on my topic.

But my new supervisor isn't so bad either. In fact, she is one of the best. I know a lot of my colleagues wanted her as a supervisor because they are assured they will be able to produce high quality researches. And while her background is anthropology, she's bringing a new perspective on my human rights research topic.

Which brings me to my floating frame of mind right now. She was finally able to look into my research so she was ready to tackle it and give her expert opinions. She suggested a lot of things, mostly literature, to ground my topic. And I'm starting to feel that my simple research topic has started to grow tentacles. After the meeting, I literally had to sit down first to process everything we've talked about.

So in summary, here's what I need to do:

1. Read.
2. Write.
3. Think.

So in one sudden motion, I'm plunged back to reality. From all the reading I needed to to, a thousand stack of papers suddenly fell from the sky and crashed all around me. But I'm not complaining. It's about time I get back on track and start doing real research work.

You Might Also Like

0 comments