Don't patronize me

9:26 PM

I just had the WORK TALK with my roommates and I realized I am a totally normal human being.

Don't patronize me. I may look like I have a very busy and interesting work life but there's always a time when I'm dead bored at work. Like now. When I feel like the fire of passion has been snuffed out. I end up doing crazy and bad things like not working.

In spite of working in the same company for almost 3 years, I feel like I've been bouncing from one job to another because of the series of positions I had. Once I was an executive assistant, then did some resource-related work, then wrote for radio, did feature writing, and now... still writing. But why do I have the feeling this year will be different again? (although I hope they'll put me out on the field more with the camera and recorder at hand. That will be a very good "different" I'll gladly welcome with open arms)

But seriously, my work future is as foggy as Baguio's worst fogs. Regardless of my thoughts and feelings, I honestly don't know what's going to happen to me this year. I don't know "the" plan. I may be kicked out, be assigned to do other tasks, be forced me to resign, or be a floating employee.

I guess the worst thing that could happen to me is to be cut out from travel sprees. This coming year, they plan on hiring additional writers, contracting freelance writers, and hiring employees that would do the social media stuff so I'm kinda wondering where that would leave me.

I have been putting off these thoughts for a long time now because I believed it simply wasn't normal to feel this way about a job. But after a talk with my roommates who are experiencing the same things as I do (and do worse things like playing games or going to the mall during office hours, lol), I realized that I'm normal. People also undergo this stage at some point in their lives. No job is perfect. Every job will always have its limitations. The best I can do is to train myself to be thankful always and be sensitive to God's voice to find out when its time to level up and move on.

But as of the moment...

I think I've been stuck in the office chair for so long that I need to go out and explore. I need a breath of fresh air. I need a change of view. I need sunlight. I need to sniff new stories.

I need to search for new stories. And eventually search for my life.

You Might Also Like

0 comments